Adas polo, an Iranian food made from rice and lentil
This food is used for wedding ceremonies, funerals, and ….
Rice (3 cups)
Lentil (one cup)
Mincemeat (400 grams)
Boiled saffron (4 tablespoons)
Liquid butter (1 tablespoon)
Liquid oil, black powder of pepper, salt, cup of water, and bread (in sufficient amount)
A cup of raisin (optional)
How to Cook?
You should begin two steps simultaneously and 4 hours before, mix lentils and rice.
- Put lentils in a small pot with two cups of water. 4 hours before mix it with other ingredients and boil it on the stove until they become soft and all of the water in the pot gets evaporated.
After that, grate one of the onions like a cube and roast it in separate pot and roast it with oil until the color of them change to orange. After that, add lentils, pepper and salt to it and roast them again.
- As lentils began to boil add salt and pepper. Then, put the rice in water for 3 or 4 hours with salt. Throw away the salty water. Put the salty rice in the pot with boiling water. After the rice boiled, pour them in the basket and wash with water.
- When you want to add lentils to the rice, put a loaf of bread in the rice pot, mix lentils with rice, and put them in a pot. Put the pot on the stove with medium temperature for 45 minutes.
- immediately, put raisins in the water for 30 minutes. after that, grate another onion like a cube, mix it with oil, and roast it in a small pot (apart from the pot in which lentils and rice are) until they become soft.
5.grate garlics, add them with mincemeat to onions, and roast them again.
When color of the meat got changed, add salt and powder of pepper to it.
- In final step, add raisins to the meat’s pot and roast again.
When you mix the ingredients in two pots, meat with raisin in small pot and lentils with rice in another pot should be prepared; therefore, mix them all and enjoy your meal.